Would Your Spouse Be Blocked From Re-Entering The U.S. Due To An Unlawful Presence?


Immigration laws are not always set up to keep families together. If you are trying to adjust the status of your spouse to permanent resident, he or she might have to go back to their birth country for a consular interview. However, if they have been here unlawfully, whether they came here without documentation or their visa has expired, they may be blocked from coming back into the U.S. for three or ten years.

13 December 2016